Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Scarecrows aren't scary!

So they say.

Last time I looked  around I noticed witches and skeletons were "out of style" for Halloween yard decorations. (Don't even think about hanging a dummy from a tree.) The goofy but lovable scarecrow had somehow stolen the show as the classic Halloween decoration. Well, I never thought of scarecrows as scary, myself, but when I played Montana 300's video "Ice Cream Truck" for a test subject, the masked man (bottom photo) made my viewer exclaim, "The Scarecrow of Romney Marsh!" (top photo.)

Personally, I don't remember the Scarecrow of Romney Marsh, but I would say he is disturbing to look at. Probably why a marketing crew doesn't dig him out of the vault every year for Halloween like they do Count Chocula. (Do not buy! The marshmallows are disgusting.)

DISNEY CHARACTER

MASKED GUNMAN IN RAP VIDEO

Extra - When I googled "scarecrow, scarecrow," this charmer came up.

Scarecrow, scarecrow, what's that your poppin'?


No comments:

Post a Comment