Friday, September 18, 2015

Joey Meek arrested for concealing information from the feds

I WAS expecting that the next thing we heard about Joey Meek was that he collected a big reward for being the one to identify his friend Dylann Roof to the police the day after the shooting. But no, he has been arrested in connection with the Charleston shooting. His bond has been set at $100,000.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/09/19/us/friend-of-dylann-roof-indicted-in-connection-with-charleston-shooting.html?_r=0

According to the New York times article, something like a house will have to put up to get him out on bail.
Considering that his mother has been reported to work at Waffle House and the family lives in a rented trailer, this condition seems unlikely to be met.

Joey Meeks strikes me as having the capacity of a Theodore "Beaver" Cleaver to understand the world around him.

Scene: Bathroom of a dilapidated trailer in Red Bank, SC. Joey and Dylann are crashing on a mattress on the floor. The room has a chemical smell. Joey turns to his friend with the odd blond bowl haircut.

"Gee, Dylann, what do you mean you are going to do something crazy?"
"I'm going to give a bunch of Negroes the business, Joey."
"But, Dylann! Mom said never to shoot at Negroes!"
"I know, Joey. But somebody has to do it, and I guess it has to be me."
"Yeah. Too bad a guy can't stay a kid all his life."

(I could go on in a witty way here, but I'm tired. Better leave it alone.)



No comments:

Post a Comment